| The imported part model is semi-automatically converted into a mold model, along with multiple cavities, cores, feeders and gating channels.
- Set part orientation in mold and generate the parting line
- For each hole, automatically design a core and its support
- Decide the correct number and position of cavities in mold
- Identify isolated hot spots to decide the number of feeders
- Automatically calculate feeder size and create its 3D model
- Apply feedaids: insulation, exothermic, chills, fins, padding
- Interactively decide the location of gates, runners and sprue
- Automatically create the gating channels for a given fill time
Methods design is made easy by in-built functions for design calculations and solid modeling of cores, mold cavities, feeders and gating. There is no need for a separate solid modeling program for this purpose.
The methods design can be quickly changed based on the results of simulation, until the desired quality and yield are achieved.
| Improving feeding efficiency
| Sand feeders can feed only about 14% of their volume, but even this is usually underutilized since the feeder has to be large enough to solidify after the casting hot spot. In such cases, the feeding efficiency as well as yield can be improved by connecting the same feeder to two or more castings, as long as the limit of 14% efficiency is not breached. The limit can be doubled or even tripled, by using an insulating or exothermic sleeve for the feeder. With AutoCAST-X, you can quickly model and simulate such alternatives to identify the best solution that gives the desired quality along with the highest yield.